Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Almost There. Email from 3/17/16 Elder Adam Younce

We are just a few days away from Italy and we are doing so well!  Yesterday the new missionaries arrived who are also going to Italy and once again there are way more sisters than elders.  In one district there are 4 anziani and 4 sorelle going to Rome and in the other district there are NO elders and 7 sisters going to Milan.  We took them through an orientation last night and it seems like everybody is getting along with each other very well.  We got to know the 4 anziani pretty well already since they live in the room right next to us but haven't talked the the sorelle much because we haven't had the time to.  We hope to be a good influence on them for the few days that we have with them and hope to be able to help them with any anxiety and confusion that they may have.  It's pretty rare that an older group of Italians is around when the next group comes in because typically we fly out 1 or 2 days before they get to the MTC but our visas were delayed so we get this opportunity. Our zone didn't have anybody to set an example for us or help us out so we want to make sure that we provide that support that we didn't get to the new missionaries so they don't make the same mistakes that we did like wasting study time at the beginning of our stay here.  We are starting to make our preparations today for Italy like packing our bags and getting our last free haircuts so everything is starting to feel so real! I can't wait to get there and find out who my trainer is and where I'll be serving for the next few months of my life.  I already miss the missionaries going to Rome who left on Monday and I know I will miss my amazing companions but I want to finally get out there and do what I came here to do: invite others to come unto Christ.  

Next time I email I'll be in Italy!

Vi voglio bene

Anziano Younce

No comments:

Post a Comment