Wednesday, May 18, 2016

"Communication Breakdown" Anthony's Baptism Email from May 11, 2016






This week's email is going to be much shorter than usual because I was
able to skype my family on Sunday but I will still tell you guys some
stuff that happened this week. First off, my companion was sick all
throughout last week so we weren't able to do much proselyting but we
did get Anthony baptized. He wasn't answering his phone for the 5 days
before his baptism so we were debating whether we would cancel the
baptism since usually with our African investigators if they aren't
answering, it's because they are far off somewhere working on permesso
stuff or in another country. We prayed about what we should do and
despite everything pointing to the probability that he wouldn't show
up, we went through with the baptism because we got a confirmation
that everything would be alright. He showed up and my companion
baptized him and then I confirmed him and face the gift of the Holy
Ghost the next day in church.

This week I've been thinking that there are so many reasons to be
joyful in my life. I'm sharing a powerful, happy, important message
with people in the most beautiful country ever, my family is safe and
happy back home and even though I don't get to see them, the Lord is
taking care of them and they are so supportive of me. This work I am
doing is to help others to find the same happiness that I know can be
found in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I see how everything I have that
gives me joy in every moment of every day stems from the message that
I get to proclaim and there is no feeling more satisfying. I also find
satisfaction in knowing that my cousin is reading this email of mine
in the South Africa MTC as he prepares to do the same. Just like I
have something special to share with the people here, he has that same
responsibility in Durban, South Africa.

Sorry again that this is so short but I'm short on time this week.
I'll chalk it up to a communication breakdown

Anziano Younce

No comments:

Post a Comment